Saturday, February 14, 2009

20th Safar - Chehlum (Arbaeen) of the martyrs of Karbala

20th Safar 1430 A.H. – Day of Arbaeen - Chehlum (40 days) of the martyrs of Karbala.
20th Safar is the 16th of February 2009 in almost all parts of the world.

I extend my condolences to the Prophet Muhammad(sawaw),
Imam-e-Zamana(a.s.), Bibi Fatimas(s.a.), the Ahl-e-Bait(a.s.) and all
momineen and mominaat on this sad occasion.

As is customary among the momineen, please organize and attend
majalis-e-Aza and jaloos to commemorate the chehlum of Shuhada-e-Karbala.

According to a saying of Imam Hasan Askari(a.s.) –
there are five characteristics of a Momin

(1) Recitation of 51 Rakaat of Farz, Sunnat and Nafl
prayers during the day and night ;
[Fajr - 2 Wajib and 2 Nafl,
Zuhr - 4 Wajib and 8 Nafl,
Asr – 4 Wajib and 8 Nafl,
Maghrib - 3 Wajib and 4 Nafl,
Ishaa – 4 Wajib and 1 Nafl (2 rakaat in sitting position counted as 1),
Namaz-e-Shab (Tahajjud) 11 Rakat Sunnat];
(2) Recitation of Ziarat-e-Imam Hussain(a.s.) on the 40th

day of his martyrdom (20th of Safar);
(3) Wearing a ring in the right hand ;
(4) Prostration on Khak-e-Shifa (earth of Karbala); and
(5) Saying aloud "Bismillah ir Rahman nir Raheem" in the prayers.


* Ziarat-e-Warisa of Imam Hussain(a.s.) is available at : http://www.ziaraat.com/karhus31.php and
* Ziarat-e-Arbaeen of Imam Hussain(a.s.) is available at : http://www.ziaraat.com/karhus35.php.

A few words of Masaib
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to most widely accepted traditions, the family
of Prophet(sawaw) remained in captivity for about a year.
After one year when the ruler of Syria were forced to release them,
Bibi Zainab(s.a.) said to Imam Sajjad(a.s.) that she wanted
to go back to Karbala to mourn his brother and all the martyrs of Karbala.
The same was desired by other women of this caravan and
Imam Sajjad(a.s.) directed them towards Karbala.

The caravan arrived in Karbala. Every bibi rushed towards the

 place where their loved ones were martyred. Most of the bibis
then gathered at the Ganj-e-Shahidaan upon indication of Imam
Sajjad(a.s.) that they were all buried there. Some were lamenting
for their son, some for their father, some for their brother,
some for their husband and some for their relatives.

Bibi Umm-e-Farwa was saying at Qasim(a.s.)'s grave –

oh my dear Qasim, you really fulfilled my wishes by sacrificing your youth.
 I had always wished to see the red color of your marriage but you replaced
it with the blood of your horse-ridden corpse which was put together piece by piece.

Bibi Umm-e-Laila was saying at Akbar(a.s.)'s grave –

Oh my yousaf-e-sani I had always wished for your marriage and
to bring a beautiful bride for you. Your sister Sughra is waiting for
you to return so she could fulfill all her wishes in the wedding of her
brother. What would I tell her? You are lying here in your blood and your
heart-broken mother is still living to bear all the agony.

Bibi Umm-e-Rubab brought with her the little kurta of Ali Asghar(a.s.) and

put it over his grave. Oh Ali Asghar, how could I ever stay
in the shade when you and your father are lying in the scorching sun.
 I lost you here and lost your sister Sakina in zindan-e-Shaam.
 I remember your bright and shining little face when I buried you
with the help of your father. How could I ever forget those moments.

Bibi Zainab(s.a.) along with Imam Sajjad(a.s.) went close to the

river of farat and said Oh my brother Abbas(a.s.) – see what
happened after you were martyred. It could never have happened
if you were there. She then went to the grave of her brother Imam
 Hussain(a.s.) and lamented – Oh my dear brother, I had promised
you that your message would reach every where and I would protect
the Islam for which you sacrificed
 your life. I am successful in that but you know at what cost? I went
through bazaar-e-Shaam without hijaab and faced the tyrant drunkards
of darbar-e-Shaam. I took over the role of Abbas after him and faced
hardships all along. I took on my back the lashes of Shimr that were
 directed at your beloved Sakina but I could not protect her from the
sorrows of being away from you. I have lost her and left her buried
in the prison of Damascus.

Ala lanatullahe ala qaumiz zalimeen. Sa yalamul lazina zalamu ayya munqalibi yanqaliboon.

Rida Hashmi
Web Designer
MR solutions
Karachi
Pakistan


What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

No comments:

Post a Comment